My recent article introduced the concept of spiritual wellness, examining why it is important, and providing ideas for goals to help you improve yours.
Read it here: Improve your Spiritual Wellness – 17 goal ideas.
This article takes those goal ideas, and recommends products that can help you to achieve those goals.
I use affiliate links, which means that I receive a small commission for any products purchased via these links.
For a comprehensive guide to walk you through the eight steps to goals success, grab yourself a copy of the GoalGetting workbook today.
Products to help you understand your spirituality
The first step to improving your spiritual wellness is to understand spirituality in general, and your spirituality in particular.
My Amazon Picks to help you to understand spirituality in general
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom (A Toltec Wisdom Book), Don Miguel Ruiz, $6.48 paperback, or free with an Audible trial. This book is Amazon’s number 1 bestseller in both New Age and Spirituality, and Stress Management self-help. But don’t be deterred if it seems too spiritual and you are just starting on your journey – the concepts explored are simple and commonplace.
- Waking Up: A Guide to Spirituality Without Religion by Sam Harris explores the notion of spirituality without religion, acknowledging the need for spirituality without the need to commit to religion. For more information on the growing trend of spiritual but not religious, see the previous article: Spiritual but not religious – is spirituality under threat?
- The Alchemist, Paulo Coelho, is the story of a shepherd boy who follows his heart. The story teaches us all a lesson about the importance of following our dreams.
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle reminds us of the importance of living in the present. This is a key element of mindfulness – to concentrate on the present moment, rather than dwell on the past or worry about the future.
My Amazon Picks to help you to understand your own spirituality
- The Values Factor: The Secret to Creating an Inspired and Fulfilling Life by Dr. John F. Demartini helps you to identify what you value most, and then shows you how to align each area of your life to your values.
- Discovering Your Authentic Core Values: A step-by-step guide by Marc Alan Schelske is a Christian guide to understanding your values, and aligning these with your religion.
- The Values Deck is a set of cards featuring 57 values (categorised into 10 values groups). These cards are used to help you to determine the values that are most important to you.
- The Value of You: The Guide to Living Boldly and Joyfully Through the Power of Core Values by Christopher D Connors presents 20 core values in a relatable way, and then provides a practical guide on how to incorporate those into your life.
One of my favourite choices for guided journals is the Happiness Planner, and they have a journal dedicated to helping you to find your purpose.
Available stand-alone, or as part of the ‘Explore your inner world‘ set, either option is a great choice for understanding your spirituality.
Make time for what’s important
Once you’ve determined what is important to you, make sure you carve out time in your schedule to dedicate to it.
See my previous article Make it Happen for tips on how to make time to work towards your goals.
To stay on track, grab your FREE printable Make it Happen weekly planner. Sign up to the mailing list for your free copy.
Products to help you nurture your spirituality with self-reflection
The products in this section help you to nurture your spirituality through self-reflection.
As mentioned above, the Happiness Planner ‘Explore your inner world‘ guided journal set is a great option for journalling to discover your spirituality. Available as a full set, or you can choose the journal that is most relevant to you and purchase that one individually.
Meditation is mechanism to help you to understand your thoughts and feelings. This makes it a great tool for understanding your spirituality. Here are my picks for products to help you to meditate.
Yoga is not just an exercise regime. It combines physical movement with breathing techniques and meditation, and so is another useful tool for spirituality. Below are my top picks for yoga products from Amazon.
Another way to get in touch with your spiritual nature is through prayer. Like most of these practices, you don’t need anything to pray. But, if you’re looking for something to enhance your practice, check out the products below.
Nurturing your spirituality through others
A further way to practice your spirituality is to connect with others. This could be by talking to a close friend to better understand yourself (often those close to us know us better than we know ourselves – or can at least offer a different perspective). It could be by talking to someone whose spirituality you admire, and finding out more about their spiritual practice. Or it may be by reading stories of inspirational people or acts.
Also check out the biographies for inspirational stories: Click here for biographies and memoirs.
Products to help you develop your social connections
The remaining goals for spiritual wellness are concerned with the social elements of spirituality – social justice, and living in accordance with your morals and ethics.
These are the goals as featured in the previous article:
- Volunteer. Choose a cause that aligns to your values.
- Random acts of kindness.
- Prioritise relationships, and what you can give in these.
- Respect, love, forgive. Accept, don’t judge.
- Practise gratitude
- Stand for justice. Advocate.
- Attend religious services.
- Be calm in difficult situations, and help others to be calm.
Most spiritual wellness goals don’t need any special products for you to practise them. But there are some great products out there if you want to indulge yourself. I always find that treating myself to something new makes me more likely to stick to a new habit as it becomes an indulgence (plus I don’t want to have wasted my money).
Sometimes the product itself can contribute to your spiritual wellness – sitting in your favourite chair, drinking from your favourite cup, watching your favourite programme.
Do you have any must-have products for your spiritual wellness? Drop me a comment below and let me know.
Did you enjoy this article?
If you enjoyed this article, here are some ways that you can connect with GoalGetters:
Leave a comment
Leave a comment in the box at the bottom of the page to let me know what you enjoyed about the article. Do you have any products that help your spiritual wellness? Are you inspired by any of the ideas in this article?
Share with your friends
Share the article with your friends using the sharing buttons at the end of the article. If your preferred platform isn’t listed, drop me a comment to let me know.
Check out the other articles
Take a look at the other articles on the site. You can access them all from the Articles page.
You may be interested in:
Sign up to the mailing list
Sign up to the mailing list to receive the latest content and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.